1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

flyers or business cards

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by backtobasicslawncare, Dec 24, 2006.

1. backtobasicslawncare

backtobasicslawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

i was wondering what worked better for the pros i have been using both this year i just also just put a sign up in a customers yard i hope that works to get more customers.
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You need to have both. To get your name out, you need the flyers & to help them remember you, you need business cards.
  3. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

I've been in this industry for a while and everything you are doing is right on. Business cards are a must to have on you at all times. Flyers in your truck and on potentional customers doors are necessary, and signs in customers yards is a great plus.

The more your name is out there the better. Keep up the good work.
  4. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

although i have both, word of mouth works for me.

don't waste your money on phone book ads!!
  5. Andover Landscape Co.

Andover Landscape Co. LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Lexington,KY

What about rip hangers? They are door hangers with a removable business card attached to the bottom.

I have about 8 years experience in the outdoor advertising business. Ive decided to stick with the printers I've know for years. They have a product that I think might be interesting.

Anyone feel they may be effective? Anyone feel they may be effective?