1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers or Val-pak

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike Fronczak, Dec 22, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I just finished designing my flyer. It will be in full color.

Where do you guys put your flyers? I was going to put them through mailslots of residential homes and then I just realized that when you put them through mailslots, you are going to fold them.

Since I'm doing it in full color, and you fold them, you will be seeing creases in the paper!!!!

How do you guys put flyers through?

2. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

newspaper boxes.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to be getting them professionally printed? I had a run of color pieces done on 75# stock that were folded in thirds and there are no problems with the colors on the creases. BTW, they were folded at the printers by a machine. I was told however, that anything heavier would have shown some blemishes where the creases were.... I really wanted 90# stock, but this reason alone swayed me.

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh okay.. I will be getting them professionally printed, yes..

I dont know about paper stock # or what that means.

75 / 90 / 120 ? IS that the thickness of the paper?

I will want them 3 folds.

5. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Paper stock is measured by the weight of 500 sheets of paper for the basic size of the paper. I use 24# 8.5"X11" paper in my inkjet printer. (500 sheets weigh 24 lbs.)

Card stock for printing flyers will be heavier (and more expensive).

6. LAWNBOY SERVICES INC

LAWNBOY SERVICES INC LawnSite Member

where do you get 10,000 flyers distributed for 600 bucks??
    I pay a gal .10/flyer to thumbtack them to mailbox stems. She does 1200/wk + gets commish on each closing!!!

7. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

I'd rather know where you get the gal.:laugh:

8. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Back in my old companies landscaping days we hired some people to pass out fliers for us. Turns out the were keeping most of the fliers and saying that they passed them out. If we would not have checked up on them we could have been royally screwed over. So the moral of this story is, if you have a company or individuals pass out you fliers make sure that you check up to see that they are doing there job. Not every one is as honest as the look, which is a sad thing now a days but business is business so make sure people do the job and that they do it right. Just my opinion