Flyers Vs. Door Hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RWADesigner2, Apr 7, 2002.

1. RWADesigner2

RWADesigner2 LawnSite Member

What does everyone think is better to get attention of exsiting home owners, for landscaping and lawn matience. We send out letters to people, that have just applied for their permit to build a house, so we get a good response from them, but it is the existing homeowners, we are having trouble reaching.

So what is best way to reach them?......Flyers or door hangers?

Thanks for ur advice

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My opinion door hanger.
    1 a flyer can only be put in paper box or loose somewhere and in hopes the wind or rain dont distroy it.
    2 Door hangers go on the doors so the home owner has to take it off to review it.
    I may be wrong but was giving my opinion!

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

If the house has a screen door or something like that you can stick it inside of that, they have to pick it up. But doorhangers do sound better.

Hank

4. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

i have never done door hangers, too expensive . but flyers work for me, at a return of about 3% and i have devised a way to get them to stay on a door here so it is working for me at a cheap cost 5000 for $100 it works for me!
    AK Lawn

5. RWADesigner2

Thanks for the information, main things is gettin' ur name out there I believe..may try half and half..due to the expense of it, and see what % return we get and go from there. Thank u all four your opinions.

6. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

They do make door hanger bags for fliers.

7. RWADesigner2

Really?...That would be great ........where can i get some, and how much do they cost?

8. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Realgreen.com.

They have two to choose from. I paid $18 and change for 10,000. The more you buy the cheaper they are.

9. RWADesigner2

Thanks alot..i appreciate the advice