Flyers vs. Doorhangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Watkinslawnservice, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I know that both are used a lot by the members here but I was wondering if you all think it is worth it to buy the doorhangers.
    They will cost almost twice as much as flyers but they are easier to leave with the potential clients.
    If you use flyers, where do you put them? Between the door and the jamb? Shove them between the storm door and the wood or steel door?

If I could think of a good place to leave them, flyers are the way to go because I could do almost twice as many for the money. But I really like the door hangers .

Thanks for any input.

Dave :waving:

2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

The door hangers will look much more professional but like you said, you will only get your name out to half as many people.

I stick flyers between doors, or roll them and slide through the door handle.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That depends, what kind of prices are you getting? There are some door hanger suppliers that have very affordable prices. You can get 10,000 door hangers for $299 at www.lawncaredoorhangers.com

There are a couple others online that have similar prices too, but theirs were the lowest that I saw so far.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I think what you should consider is not how many you put out, but rather how many calls you get in. I have had better luck with door hangers myself, and am sticking to this route. I am also trying some postcards this year, to see how the response is to that form of advertising. Gotta try everything, as sometimes different things work in different areas.
    make sure whether it be flyer or doorhanger, that it stands out from the other 25 ads your potential customer will get at the same time!

5. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I am getting 5000 full colour doorhangers printed out with a spot to do on the site estimates just before I hang it on the door or whatever.... in your opinions is there a downfall to estimating and walking away?

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Watkinslawnservice,

If you are just getting started and are working with a small budget, flyers can be cheap and get you going. When you are able to get some door hangers, try them as well and see which give you better results.