Flyers with a quote

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Skimastr105, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering posting flyers with a price quote written in. What type of experiences have you had with this? Is the response rate better thatn 1-3%?
    I am looking to get about 30 new accounts. How many flyers should I expect to hand out.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

My brother left a blank quote spot on his flyer and would fill it in as he left the flyer on the door. He had a really good response rate, about 5% in some areas, but he found he'd left many bids hastily, and under bid many lawns.

3. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have experience with this method of advertising?

4. PowersTree

PowersTree LawnSite Member

I do the same with my tree flyers and like stated about you underbid work.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Justmowit puts their prices on the door hanger.....if your prices are high relative to the market then you calls will be reduced.

6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

5% return.....

Some end up underbid (less than 10%), but unless you do written contracts, you can raise them or dump them after a month or 2 - based on cost analysis.

7. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

i have just started this. I have only dropped 100 flyers but havent had any callbacks in about 10 days. Im not to concerned, i know most will wait to call until the grass is a foot tall. my plan is to drop to the same houses, 2 times.

8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

You are joking, right? Why are you putting out flyers and expecting calls in December? Wait til it starts warming up. If I got a flyer for lawn care today I would laugh and throw it away, which is what everyone you gave a flyer to is doing.

9. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

It would take you forever to pass out the ammount of flyers needed if you took the time to make a proper estimate. just put "Rates Start At $(your lowest price per cut)

10. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

This is exactly what I intend to do this Spring...door hangers with written quick estimate...I'm planning on anywhere from 5-10 thousand...it will take me a good week or two to get them out...my original plan was 20K, but now that most of you said your response was closer to 5% I've revised that plan...can't go from nothing to 1000 accounts in two weeks...overload.