Flyers with tear offs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Keith1981, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Keith1981

Keith1981 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using the flyers with tear offs that you see at local supermarket bulliten boards.
  2. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

I have picked up at least 20 customers over the past two years. Check places other than supermarkets for bulletin boards - Car washes, diners, train stations etc. If you know local places you go to often ask if you can put one up even if they dont have a board ( I have one in a bagel shop and my barber's) They only thing with boards keep an eye on them cause sometimes people are inconsiderate and put their ads right over top of yours or just rip the whole thing down. ( Possibly competitors)
  3. Keith1981

Keith1981 LawnSite Member

Thanks I'll print up some more and try some other places as well.
  4. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Find out where your local elderly people have thier morning cup of coffee, or Sunday Breakfast
  5. chrisludwig

chrisludwig LawnSite Member

If you do post a flyer make sure it is color. Color sells. I put full color picture of nicely cut lawn on mine. Worked well.
    I have even attached a plastic pocket I bought at Staples and left business cards in there. That was a little nicer than having tear off numbers
  6. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

He suggested that I try the tear off flyers but I think your idea sounds waayyyy better. That is exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks for that awesome idea.
  7. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

tear off 3 of the nubs before you even post it. No one wants to be the first one.
  8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

My suggestion would be to try as many different advertising methods as you can, don't stick to just one form of advertising. Bulletin boards, newspapers, flyers, yellow pages, & yard signs are all good advertsing medium. The clients are out there you just need to find them and you never know where they might be looking.
  9. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

I am trying this form of advertising this year. I like the idea of tearing off a couple of the stubs.
  10. AllGreen Landscaping

AllGreen Landscaping LawnSite Member

anyone use the yard signs?...if so what kind of deal do you get?