1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by brinlee lawn, Apr 4, 2005.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Quick question, had a guy call me today, said he makes door hangers and distributes them for papa johns. For $85.00 he will print and hang the hangers and of course the more you buy the cheaper. He said there is approx. 7000 doors in town. I never have bought or used hangers before does this sound like a good deal or a crock of crap. :waving:
  2. brinlee lawn

just a bump
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The fact that he states he will pass them out for you would make me a little skeptical. I would rather have control of passing them out, who knows if he is even putting them out or not. How many will 85.00 get you?
  4. brinlee lawn

I am sorry guess it would help if I had the quanity for 35.00 he will print 1000 for 85.00 he will print and hang them. for 110.00 you get 5000.
  5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds a bit shakey to me. Too good to be true.
  6. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Recently purchased 5000 door hangers and they look great paid almost 500 for the design, printing and shipping. Not sure what kind of quality you are going to get for 85 bucks and some guy passing them out. What kind of image to you want your company to have. I would definetly want to have control of the door hangers therfore you can target the areas that will keep your route as tight as possible.
  7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

There's only 7000 doors in the whole town??

Call Papa John's manager and ask about him...sounds shadey.
  8. brinlee lawn

Yeah I think I will stop by and talk to the manager at papa johns tommorrow.
  9. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Brinlee, I live in Claremore also, and the guy like to drove me nuts calling every day. Told me he would deliver my hangers, 500 for 30.00. He must be desperate or he is ditching them. My sister and her 4 kids are hanging 10,000 for me. Good luck, Tony
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi brinlee lawn,

Would the door hanger have other ads on it as well or just yours?