flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Connie, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Connie

Connie LawnSite Member

This my be a stupid question but where exactly are you guys putting the flyers? In their newspaper boxes or in their doors? Also are you talking to these people too?

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just put it on the door and move on to the next house (we put it on the door)..if they want your services they will call..

3. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

HEY I GET 35% OF MY NEW CUSTOMERS COME FROM FLYIERS I USED TO PUT THEM ON THE MAIL BOXES UNTIL I RECIEVED A CALL FOR THE POST MASTER.NOW I PUT THEM INTO BAGGIES AMONG WITH A FEW PENNIES AND TOSS THEM ONTO THERE DRIVEWAYS,YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO USE BRIGHT COLOR PAPER THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE AT WALMART FOR $3.00 PER 125 SHEETS. I GET A BETTER RESPONSE BY USING BRIGHT COLORED PAPER..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT..

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know about tossing them on to driveways; that seems a little unprofessional since some may see it as littering. Just get some exercise and walk to the door.

5. Scott H

Scott H LawnSite Member

Don't put them in the mail box or you will get a call from the post office and they will take your flyers. Just put them in the door or newspaper box.

6. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

I hang them on the door Knob. Another question about flyers. After you hang a flyer on the door do you cut through the lawn or use the sidewalk to get to the next house. BE HONEST.

I just put out around 300 flyers this afternoon and was tempted many times to cut through the yard but every time I used the sidewalk and driveway. What are your thoughts on this?:( :)

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yeah I know what you mean Mid Rivers. We recently hung some doorhangers, and we too were tempted to cut thru the grass, but we never did.

A lot of the lawns already had the flags in them showing they were sprayed by Superior, and I know if our lawn was sprayed, I would not want someone walking thru it either.
    Plus the homeowner might be looking out the window, and see you walking thru their grass. Some might not appreciate it.
    It is just better to walk the few extra steps.

But oh how tempting it is to take the shortcut :)

8. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

In most of the nicer new developments we put them in the paperbox (as long as it's enclosed) some are open on both ends and could be brutal on a windy day:eek: for the older neigborhoods that have their mailbox on the house, we use the plastic doorhanger bags and put a business card and flyer in that. You can buy the bags at Office Depot made especially for that purpose. It's the third best way to advertise in my opinion. Worked wonders for our business.
    Raymond

9. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Oh! Of course the SIDEWALK for sure. Good point.:D

10. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you put them, on the Post ...not in or on the box..My post master i would be o.k..To each his owne .(post master ) LOL