flyers??????????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenacresman, Dec 15, 2005.

1. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

OK guys I've read about colored flyer's vs black & white i've got that now. how
    and where is the best way too get them in the customer's hand's. thats cost
    wise. thanks Jeff ><> >>>--------------> lets roll :gunsfirin

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Jeff, I would probably say hand them out yourself or have a couple people help you (family friends etc.). This would be the most cost effective method. As you grow you may want to have someone else hand out the flyers for you, because your time may be better used elsewhere.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont know about everyone else, but it's kind of late to pass out flyers.

4. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

every body knows i'am talking about this coming spring. (RIGHT) OK.:dizzy:

5. SouthJerseyLawns

SouthJerseyLawns LawnSite Member

I don't know what your budget is but I went to a site called gropro.com and they offer a variety of door hangers that you can customize with your logo. We are getting about a 10% return from them and best part is we get to choose our neighborhoods. Don't wait until March to start because everyone else will be out there with you. Oh yeah did I mention that if you get one account from the door hangers they pay for themself.

6. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

10% sounds really really really high for door hangers. I dont know what kind of promotion your putting on, but i bet free mowing for the entire season wouldnt bring in 10%....

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

You're not late, you are really early....

8. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

Door to door, or poss have them stuffed in your town newspaper, but at least door to door, you can target certain areas. I feel that anytime is the best time to get your info out.

Good Luck

9. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

do you really want to have a high hit ratio and build a valueable client list? knock on the door and talk to the potential sale. Let me give you an example of a couple different approaches I have tried to make my point clear

Example #1: Passed out 300 flyers one day this fall during a rainy afternoon and got back 6 calls and 6 jobs....horrible hit ratio in my mind

Example #2 Went around the same area 2 days later, knocked on 150 doors, spoke to about 100 people and signed up 21 cleanups.

21 jobs vs 6 for the same time investment? which approach do you think works better?

You seperate yourself from the competition instantly when you have the professionalism and confidence to tell the customer who you are, why you are a great choice, and what you can do for them instead of blending in. I barely even put out flyers in the spring, I just target some neighborhoods I want to be in and knock on the door...we can then sell ourselves and knock out the competition

10. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I have found $299 + 50 shipping for 5000 doorhangers and 15 - 16.5 cents a piece delivered (chicago area) total for 5000 was about $1100. Considering it would take you weeks to pass them out full time, try to find a business that does this service for you.