Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tennessee Turf Surfer, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Tennessee Turf Surfer

Tennessee Turf Surfer LawnSite Member

How many weeks before the first cut of the year should you should send flyers out. Im from E Tennesse Earliest anybody mows around here is Mid March and thats rare.

2. Lawnboy70460

Lawnboy70460 LawnSite Member

I have started this week. I am in south louisiana but still it takes time to get them distributed.

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

How many do you plan to put out?

4. Tennessee Turf Surfer

Tennessee Turf Surfer LawnSite Member

Probally around 10,000

5. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Just Curios I am in Slidell too. What's the name of your company. Me I am grasshoppers

6. Lawnboy70460

My co. is A Cut Above Lawn Service. I am new to this. I started up last year about August. I am a one man operation.

7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

WOW, that's going to take some time.

8. Dynamic

Dynamic LawnSite Member

By sending out 10000 flyers what is you expected job connection and have you ever sent out this many flyers before and what was your rate of success?
    I am curious because everything I read says do NOT send out flyers as the rate of call back is poor to none and that post cards are the way to go. And with all advertising costing so much with paper, print, fuel, and most of all your own time then its hard to know what to do.

9. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

wow I heard of you I think I even seen you . Do you work for frito lay. my friends company is a cut above the rest

10. Lawnboy70460

Yea that was me. I have your card in my wallet. We talked at the shell station on gause. And yes, I do still work for frito lay, but I am in operations now. I work out of the warehouse in Lacombe. To respond about the flyers question, I should have said postcards. I got my first order of 100 in and have put about half out and I have 250 more on the way. Probably will do about 1000 total between now and mid - March.