1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cosmic Hippo, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Cosmic Hippo

Cosmic Hippo LawnSite Member

Perhaps a dumb question, but where do you guys leave your flyers? I mean, door hangers go on doors, post cards go in the mail, what about the flyers? Do you just tape them up everywhere?
  2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Post cards ONLY go in the mail if they have a stamp... otherwise, in the a news paper box, if there is one. Flyers.... same thing, newspaper boxes. Some may roll em' up and slide in a front door handle.... some maybe flood the local walmart parking lot with flyers.... wouldnt recommend though. I would NOT tape them anywhere... I've hung flyers up @ grocery stores... sometimes by the exit doors there is a bulletin board or advertisement wall.
  3. Blackgnturbo

Blackgnturbo LawnSite Member
    from NY

I Put Flyers OUTSIDE the mailbox stuckon the inside of the red flag so its seen. Just dont do it before its going to rain.
  4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Flyer's can't be put within 5 feet of a mail box by postal laws and if there is a paper box you can't put it there either. You have to know the community your going in also some do not allow solicitors and will usually have a sign in the front. I roll mine up and put them on the screen door someplace. Be care full putting them out in parking lots without permission somebody owns it
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I IS true, that no materials can be placed anywhere in or on the mailbox, including the post. I have never heard anything about any "5 ft. radius" thing, though. The actual law has been posted here a few times - verbatim, but I don't recall that. But bottom line, yes..DoNOT stick flyers on mailboxes - posts. or whatever.