Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hickmanlawncare, May 27, 2002.

1. hickmanlawncare

hickmanlawncare LawnSite Member

I am new to all this the bussness and this thread.I am doing flyers, but the question i have is this I want to blanket a neighboorhood with flyers, but with all the scrub talk i dont want to take away bussiness so what would be an ideal solution to this matter any help would be helpfull. also
  2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry about it and hit every house you can.
  3. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

If you pick up someone else account it has nothing to do with you. The other LCO must not of been performing well to start with. Go gettem bud.

Flyers do seem to work better in the spring.:D
  4. prairie

prairie LawnSite Member
    from kansas

A great way to start is to look at the county appraisers office website to get you target areas addresses and names and hit them every 2-4 weeks and away you go. Iv'e had about a 5% turn out doing this and I think it's a cheap and easy way of doing more biz.
  5. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Taking business away? If they are happy with who they have,they won't call. Otherwise they might. Don't worry about it.
    I've found lots of flyers before at properties that I service. It does not upset me at all. If I'm not doing the job then I can't complain about losing a customer.Right?
    Just take out the flyers and stop worrying about it.
    Best of luck to ya'!
    Let your work speak for you!:D ;)
  6. Plowguy99

Plowguy99 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Going to a property that is being maintained by a lawn company and telling the owner that I can do the same job for less money is different than putting out flyers and owners calling you because they are not happy with their previous lawn company. Just watch out for the price shoppers and the PITA customers. Talked with one in march and had a gut feeling I would regret it. Sent the contract anyway. Should have listened to my gut! Oh well, live and learn.
  7. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I think flyers are fine, but be careful about how you distribute them. Do not go around sticking them in people's mailboxes. This can get you in a lot of trouble!