flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by llama, Mar 9, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

just passed out 400 flyers. will pass out 350 more tomorrow.
    i will let you know the response rate.

as far as door hangers go, i have designed mine with an estimate on them. do you think this will help?

llama

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

any response yet. how long did it take to pass out 400

3. llama

llama LawnSite Member

it took me 3 1/2 hours to pass out 800 fliers. I passed them out Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

I have had 8 calls so far and we have done 3 jobs from those calls. We have 2 more to do tomorrow. So we have had 1% response reate and are 62.5% (5 out of 8) of closing the sales on the respondents.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Was that by yourself that you put out the fliers. I am going to put my fliers out next week just wanted to get a feel as to the amount of time needed. The jobs you closed on were they cleanups or yearly mowing agreements?

5. ToG

ToG LawnSite Member

just curious, but how on earth did you pass out 800 in 3 1/2 hours??? we're hanging doorknobs and with driving from sub to sub working 5 hours a clip for two days and have only passed out maybe 500. some of these places have large properties and the developments are fairly spaced out. some of the huge ones we put them in the newspaper box, but the rest are walked. seems like it's taking forever. most of these places are on 3/4 acre lots and it's not enough to drive from one to the other and a bit time consuming to walk.

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

By my rudimentary calcualtions isn't that about 3 per minute. Can you really go from house o house to house in 20 seconds?

In my area with mostly 10k yards I average 100 an hour.

I guess I'm just slow.....

7. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

BICYCLE!!!!!!!!

8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

i got about that one morning with my roller blades on.:D it took one heck of a toll on the knees though going over all the cracks and driveway stuff.:mad:

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Did about 300 in an hour but the brake linings are a little warm on the truck.

10. llama

llama LawnSite Member

first of all, we put the fliers in paperboxes or on the side of the mailboxes. One day we had 3 people in a car. The third person sat behind the driver. We would go down the road and "weave" back and forth to put out the fliers on non-busy roads. This worked out very well because someone was passing out fliers on both sides of the road and all the driver had to do was drive. (Busy roads were a lot slower being able to do only one side of the road at a time.)