Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Signature Services, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Signature Services

Signature Services LawnSite Member

Hey I hear (or rather read) that a good way to drum up new business is to use flyers. Well, the season is coming up and I don't recall coming across anyone's flyers that I could use in an attachment or template. Does anyone have one?
  2. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Click on the Search link, and enter in "flyers". Spend some time looking through the Threads. Good Luck!

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Signature Services:

Here's one that I came up with, something to catch the eye. Use the idea if you'd like, it's all pretty basic cut and paste stuff in Word.

Good luck, and let us know what you think.

Oh, and sorry for the Craftsman stuff guys...
    ....We all started somewhere!

On that note.....this was LAST YEAR'S flyers. Gratefully, I have been able to move up to some better stuff this year. :drinkup:

Attached Files:

4. keyth

keyth LawnSite Member

I have been in the business for about 5 months now and i just wanted to know when is the best time to put flyers out for spring.
  5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Keyth,

I would say, depepnding on your location, early March is a pretty good time.
    If you want to try and stay with a small area, I would pass out two rounds, maybe early March, and then again a few weeks later. Once people start to see your name more, they start to remember it. The first time they get something from you, it is basically just some more junk mail. The next time they see the same name, they start to say, "Hey, I remember seeing this name before, maybe I'll read it this time" and so on each time they see it.
    Just my opinion here.
  6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol .. Sunday the 11th was my 1st day of advertisement.

400 door hangers between my 4 friends.. Talked to a few people and handed out business cards.

I'm beginning to think this advertisement was a bit too soon.
  7. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

This is my latest flyer

Attached Files: