Flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Sep 14, 2004.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Since I don't have any transportation until I drive/get a trailor, I was going to hand out flyers for lawnmowing in my neighborhood. Do you think this is a good idea? Would people find it offensive?

I already have one lawn across my neighborhood, so I don't mind walking across. Thanks guys.

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I think its good cuz I have 6 in my neighbor hood now and its sooooooo convienant. But they may expect a discount.

3. LawnBoy89

Yea, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be weird if they learned about me from their mailbox.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

You've gotta get your name out there some how. If you're going to be walking, you might as well put them on their front door. You have a better chance of meeting people face-to-face and also you won't be breaking any laws

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't agree more. When I do my flyers, I'm going to start on my street and then fan out. I would rather have clients closer to home.

6. LawnBoy89

Yea, that's what I'll do. Once I start driving next summer I'll put some up on the board at some of my local grocery stores (one of which I work at) and hopefulyl I can get referals and so on. Thanks for the help guys.