1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasscatcher2k3, May 16, 2003.

1. grasscatcher2k3

grasscatcher2k3 LawnSite Member

"F_ _ _'n New Guy", to the site.

I've been reading and reading posts on this site for a little while now having enjoyed a lot of good hearted info. being shared and also a lot of laughs (ie...home made striping kit). I just wanted to drop in for the first time and say "Hi".

"Always wear your PPE" personnal protective equipment. (Navy Speak)
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ditto, I'm a newbie to the site as well, i spent a good time lurking and reading the posts and learned a bit as I'm a little green behind the ears in the industry. Been at it 4 years just doing 5 lawns with my Gravely Pro-50. Assuming i can find a few more customers I'm thinking of getting a Gravely 260Z with some attachments for fall/winter.

This is really the best green-related sites i've found online, ton's of info from the people that do it everyday.
  3. grasscatcher2k3

I've been in the business for a while as well, however, I had to sell everything off and hang it up for a while since I'm now on a ship in the Navy. I'll be getting back into it hot and heavy next season after my ship returns from (my final) deployment. I'm looking at a lot of different manufacturer's of ZRT mowers and some walk-behinds. I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Some of these manufacturers aren't available around here, but look as if they may have a good product. Hell, by the time I get back and buying all new equipment those manufacturers may be in the area. Good to hear from you.
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Grasscatcher---thanks for watching our backs out there
  5. grasscatcher2k3

Roger that! Thanks for keeping an eye on business for me....lol. I'm extremely excited to get back in the green! I'll be watchin' from the open seas on what's goin' on and what's what with all the good info that everyone offers. Thanks all.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I'm also thinking of buying a Z. I made a post -> http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46217 hoping someone would have a gravely 200 series to answer a couple questions i have.

They look like awesome tools, unfortunately until my customer base gets a little larger i don't think i can afford one :mad: but, it's nice to dream