1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Foam Filled front tires on your Z ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bedbug, Sep 11, 2007.

1. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Im tired of fixing flat front tires on my ZD 28. Does anyone use foam filled tires,and do they work? Are they too heavy for the front of a Z?
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Havent used the foam filled. Might try the flat free front tires. A little more pricey, but well worth it. No flats, ever.
  3. bedbug

bedbug LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Kubota does not make flat free tires for the zd 28 only the 300
  4. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Where is a good place to purchase them, and what would you expect to pay?

Eric D
  5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that sux. Wasn't aware of that. I have seen some threads on here about a rim sealer, not the same as fix a flat. It works wonders for flats and from what I've read, (never used it or experienced) has awesome results. Not sure if this will fix the problem, but may be worth checking into and possibly trying.
  6. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

You should be able to get them filled at a tire center. I did mine 5 years ago and their still going strong.
  7. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I had my 60" SuperZ tires replaced last winter and had them put Slime in all four. Since then, I've had no flats and only had to put air in them once or twice all season.
  9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We use amerityre flatree tires and they have worked very well for us for the last 4 or5 yrs.
  10. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

I prefer slime filled tires myself. You can put it in all 4 (foam filled rears puts too much strain on the wheel motors) and its much cheaper as well. Got three flat casters in about 2 weeks...then went and got new tires, put slime in...havent had a problem since. Plus its got a cool name!:clapping: