Focal Point Flyer Response

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by boohoo, Jan 15, 2003.

1. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

Just wondering if any of you guys have used focal points marketing brochures, postcards etc. Plan on buying 20000+ for around $3000 regardless but curious if anyone has hard figures directly relating to focal point and or perfco which is pretty much the same material.

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I got their package the other day and WOW, that's the most professional marketing materals I've seen gathered in one place just for our business. I really like their oversized door hangers. I think Roger, The Yankee Clipper has used them. Try emailing him.

3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i picked up 22 new fert accounts in the last week using focal point jumbo mailers. joe shooner is really a great job and willing to help at all times.

4. boohoo

boohoo Banned
    from USA

f350, 22 new accounts........can I ask how many you initially sent out, how many leads to close 22 sales? Just a thought ......if a few of us went in together and group ordered say 100000 we would get a pretty good deal in theory. Any thoughts. I am alll about saving some cash. Obviously we would have different material and typesetting but leverage is always a good thing.
    Perfco or Focal point sales guy/girl could use a 100000 order I am sure.

5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

i used their 4 page newsletter with masthead, mail panel, contest and coupon.

Response rate for me was 1.5%, above average for direct mail which is normally 1%. Close rate was around 75%.

I ended up with $4400 in new accounts.

However, I also quoted pricing in the coupon which can either weed out the undesirables or bring out the bargain shoppers.

One caveat with the newsletter-you need to commit to 3 issues in one year.

Regarding a group buy, I doubt you'd get them to move much on price, they'll still have seperate production, printing and shipping costs.

6. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

How do you get info on this product. Do they have a email. Thanks for any info.

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

give us a link where we can see these door hangers

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Here you go....http://www.growpro.com/

9. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

only sent out 1,000 into one neighborhood, i closed everyone

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

F 350,thats really good. Did you lower your pricing structure in order to obtain these results? If I wanted to "own" that neighborhood, then i would be willing to lower my pricing structure since there is little to no travel involved.