Foffel's lawn maintainance 2009

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Cuttinitclose, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello all. My name is Ian Foffel and i'm 15 and I've been in the business for 3 years this being my 4th. I will post pics of equipment and work here as well as some odd balls.

My Equipment Lineup:
    John Deere 115
    Craftsman Walk Behind
    John Deere Trimmer
    Ryobi Blower/Vac
    3.5'x4' Trailer
    Craftsman Wheelbarrow/Trailer
    Hand Tools

Services that I offer:
    Mowing, Trimming, Bed Mulching, Spring and Fall Clean-ups, Lawn Sweeping, Lawn Rolling, and Snow Removal.

I know many of you will say that I need commercial equipment. So these are planned purchases for this year.

2009 Shopping List:
    Stihl FS 90R Trimmer
    Stihl SH 55 Shredder/Vac
    Possibly a Stihl BR 550 Backpack Blower

I know that my mower is not great but it was all I could afford when I bought it.I get my permit in Sept. and License in May 2010. So thats when I will expand and buy the major things. I plan on getting a GM truck or my familys Trailblazer and a my grandpas trailer. But I will worry about that when the time comes. So my plans for this year is make as much $ as I can and spend as little as possible. I also plan on having 3 other jobs as well as this. Pics below.(Hang with me it's my first time with pics:laugh:)

2. Cuttinitclose

P3220075.jpg

P3220079.jpg

P3220077.jpg

P3220081.jpg

P3220075.jpg

P3220079.jpg

P3220077.jpg

P3220081.jpg

3. Cuttinitclose

Shop Pics
    P3220073.jpg

P3220074.jpg

P3220080.jpg
    What I can't fix here I have my grandpas to turn to.

P3220073.jpg

P3220074.jpg

P3220080.jpg

4. Cuttinitclose

I'm still switching to my mowing setup from winter plowing. Gotta put the deck on and get it greased already serviced it yesterday.

5. lawn crafters

lawn crafters LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

tell me how you have been i buisiness for 4 years with that equipment. and lastly define the term "been in buisiness"

6. Cuttinitclose

Take care of it and service it regularly. The mower would last another 4 year probaly. Have been mowing for 4 years and plowing snow for 2. Hope that awnsers your question

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, thats the stuff you use when you are starting out in this biz! many moons ago when i started, i cut a shopping plaza up in ohio with a crapsman 42in lawn tractor for the maintenance guy there. he subed it out to me to make extra money...that was my starting point. i even had the crapsman walk behind edger that broke every year..junk..but that was when i started and banked all the money and bought all commerical equipment after a few years. i did start out with stihl hand helds though, but ya....save up that money and if you are serious, buy that commerical equipment cuz it will last a long time then the homeowner stuff. i wish i started out that young! good luck man, take pride in your work, don't worry about the other guy and clean up that garage floor! lol

8. Cuttinitclose

Thanks for the kind words. I will. HAHA

9. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

i like the tractor

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i like how all the young kids say "i have been in business" lol it makes me laugh every time.