1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Foffels Lawn Maintenanace 2010

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Cuttinitclose, Jan 1, 2010.

1. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare LawnSite Member

i think he used a tractor to plow

2. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

Still. Who buys a 2wd truck at all? Not just if it snows but they look stupid! And it looks like you have tow mirrors on your 2wd half ton and you don't tow a trailer with? Money wasted on that IMO. And your practically brand new zero turn for a small number of acct's that you somehow got when you were 15 yrs old? Doesn't add up unless your parents or other relative bought it all.

3. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

While I can not speak for him, my first tuck was a 2wd f-150. AT that time it was I could afford and I didnt really look into the future to see that I would desperatly need 4x4 and that I would be beating the crap out of that f-150. I quickly learned my lesson. But a trailer makes life a whole lot easier. Just get a cheap used one.

4. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

If you can afford an 07 2wd you can surely afford an early 2000s 4x4.

5. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Good point I didnt see that. Mine was a 96 that was plagued with problems after a year. I know everyones situation is different but if I him I would sell the 07 1500 and like you said buy an early 2000 2500/3500 4x4 with an eight foot bed. But to each his own.