follow up calls on an estimate given?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Mar 26, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys do follow up calls after giving out an estimate, or is it just a wait and see if they call. The reason I am asking is I have given out a good number of estimates, but only had one call back from the estimates. Is the follow up call being to pushy, or begging for work, or is it a good sales taktic? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
  2. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

I always call the customer the following week, to make sure they read over it and if they have any questions. Alot of people wait to see what we do...if we dont call then it looks like we really dont want the job anyways. ALWAYS call customers....remember word of mouth travels a long way
  3. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

When i give an estimate i tell them i'll give them some time to think about it discuss w/spouse and I'll give you a call in a few days...........about three days later i'll call again...depending what day I gave the estimate.........sometimes 5
  4. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I never call a residential customer. i will call a commercial account. if the commercial account responsible party is an employee, i will call them repeatedly.
  5. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Definitely call them. I got a customer the other day that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have if I didn't call.
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I call every one back in about a week after the proposal went out. Well, I at least call the ones I want back,lol.
  7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i typically call back, usually during the day hoping everyone is at work and i leave a message stating im just following up on the estimate and if there are any questions i would be glad to answer them.
  8. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with NOBAGGER. I call everyone back, it's just the professional thing to do. But, the ones that I really don't want to deal with or I know from my competition that they are a PITA account. We never call, but of course they're the ones that call you back because they have built such a crappy reputation with other LCO's.
  9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Lawnsharks just sent you a pm about that Sthil blower, its a pb 420 in better shape than I remember. Just a tiny crack on top of the plastic engine cover about 1". I actually fired it up after sitting for a season. Pm me if still interested.
  10. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Bagger,
    I responded to your PM. Check it