Follow up (Mower on a Rope)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anythinglawns, May 17, 2002.

1. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

Well, I won the did on the lawn with the very steep and large bank. Again I am thinking "How am I going to cut that" I did not want to use a trimmer as it would take forever and hance "cut into my profit" Well things have a way of working out. Earlier in the season one of my customers had given me an old MTD riding mower. With a little work I had it ready to sell. (I was not going to use it) Anyway, my dad comes by and ask what I want for it. I gave him the price and he asked me to bring by his place of work and they would buy it. So yesterday I take it by and sitting in the garage is a slightly used Allens Flo Mow. I say, "would you just trade the flo mow for the rider" They agreed. So I take the flow mow to the new lawn today. and knock out the bank in no time with great ease. I would recomend one of these types of mowers to anyone mowing a large steep area. It is a real time saver over trimming. And to beat it all I have about 10 bucks in the thing.
    Thanks to those who suggested a "floating mower"

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

A floatin mower

You mowin fish?

A pond bank?

Ain't never seen a mower float.

Ain't none of mine ever floated and I've tried to make em.:mad:

Show me a picture of this thing floatin' would ya.

3. Esby33

Esby33 LawnSite Member

4. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

Floating mowers, also called Flo Mow, or Hover mowers are mowers that ride on a cushion of air instead of wheels. They are great for steep banks, soggy areas, and as long as they are running can mow over water (ex. weeds growing around edge of pond). They are often used on golf courses around steep bunkers. www.hovermower.com has some information on them. That is not the brand I have but they work basically the same.
    Hope this helps

5. corban

corban LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

Speaking of the floating mowers, I just bought a husqavarna floating mower. It was at a community garage sale in a local high school. The women running the show had no idea what it was and slapped a $30 price tag on it. The thing is practically brand new!!!!! Any bidders?:p

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Corban I would be interested. Find out what it's worth, and tell me what you want for it including shipping charges. I can't be the seller and buyer ya know. Also a pic would be nice.

P.S. The bad part is I already know what you paid for it.

Jim