1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

follow up on a bid that you never got a call back for?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Aug 23, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I put a bid in for three different condo/townhome complexs about 3 weeks ago. I have not heard back anything from the property managment company yet. My question is sjould I call my contact @ the prop mgmt company and see if it is still out to bid, or just chalk this one up in the loss colum?
  2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

phone calls are cheap and easy. It lets them know you are still interested.

Its possible that they are getting bids for the next season which starts next year and maybe they bidding closes at the end of the month and they are waiting for all bids to come in before letting people know.
  3. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got off the phone calling back three companies I put bids in for in the past few weeks. One GM told me he had just gotten really busy and forgot about it, which is usually the case, said he would call back by tomorrow. I call about every 7-10 days to ask if they made a decision... all they can say is no or we went with someone else. And like Marc said it shows your still interested.
  4. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the input guys! This is my first big bid like this as well as my first year in business. I just wanted to make sure that calling to follow up wasn't to pushy or anything along those lines. I called twice today, both times got her voice mail. I left her a message, now I just hope that I hear back from her and that she has good news! thanks again!