1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Follow up on a bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toquic4u, Mar 10, 2008.

1. toquic4u

toquic4u LawnSite Member

Just checking to see how long you guys wait after you put in a bid for a lawn to follow up on it. Or do you not bother them if they dont call you?
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Over the last 3 years, I have only bid one new property, and that was a county conservation bid, and those type of deals have a specific board meeting as to when they open bids. Even though I was high bidder, our reputation of getting things done timely with attention to detail got us the job. Of the other 10 or so properties, they called us. We just gave them a price, and we do it. I think there is probably a range as to per acre charges in every area of the country, so we do not quote prices that are out of this world, but they are probably at or close to the top of the scale.
    Word of mouth is still the best advertising. Thanks, Brad
  3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

my contracts are good for 30 days unless signed ... a lot can happen in 30 days, sometimes i raise the price, sometimes i don't