Follow up on bids vs. Brickman (last week)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieFerris, Mar 21, 2006.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Just received great news, we did win 3 of the buildings away from Brickman despite being higher priced, always a good thing. All of them would have been sweet, but they gave us 3 and told us we can 'test you vs them' all season and if you are the better company, switch the others over to you as well. Great feelings, David over Goliath! :weightlifter:
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Great deal - that is where it is at. I have come to the time in my mowing career where I present bids with pics of the quality work we do, and just plain tell them that we are not going to be the "low bid" but we will be the "best bid"
  3. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

That is great news to hear. But, why would they elect to pay more for a smaller company? Brickman seems to be a great, respectable company. Did they have some complaints about them? Don't get me wrong, i would much rather see a smaller company get the work, but just wondering why they would go with you if you were higher when they already had a company like brickman.
  4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

:cool2: Congratulations!!! You should be proud!!! Now go and get the rest of the buildings!:clapping: :drinkup:
  5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 470 well this year and next season could be even better.
  6. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

How much more were you on the bids?