1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Follow up on my commercial bid...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Surferbum21, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

I just wanted to follow up with you guys on the bid I put in for a car dealership (post: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=219759). I put in at $10,900 and contracted out another $510 for spraying and got it. Comes out to $390/mow and $810 for spring cleanup (have a lot of debris left from our ice storm in the winter, etc.). After todays mowing and cleaning out and mulching their flowerbed I have already realized that I am going to make out pretty good on it. I even had my guy use the small walk behind around all the cars so nothing got shot at them.

Thanks for all the advice and help guys.
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

The only way you'll know if you bid it right is to keep good records. Repost at the end of the season to see how you made out...i'm curious to know. Good luck.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

For two guys being there, how many man hours did it take to do the cleanup?
  4. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

Around 3 hours to mow for $390/mow. Other times it will be about an hour longer as I have to trim bushes 2 times a year and mow about 2 acres once a month. But still a good deal.

Cleanup took about 2 hours today but have probably another 2 hours and am contracting out a brushhogger for the rest (parts of the 2 acres is grown up real bad). So with materials and paying out a brushhogger I'll come out with around $500-600 for cleanup.

I'm spraying grass kill on a bunch of stuff that won't be seen by daily customers so it will also reduce my trimming.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Trim bushes 2 times a year ?

brushhog for 2 acers?

how are you guys getting way with things like this ?