1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

followup on "scag---kawi or vanguard"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by foyman, Feb 5, 2008.

1. foyman

foyman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advise. I considered the bad boy mowers but shied away since there is no dealer within several hundred miles. Right now I'm leaning toward the scag tiger cub w/ the 19hp kawi. But I'm going to take a look at the hustler mini z and super mini z with the 19hp kawi motors and the gravely 148m with the same motor. Am I comparing apples and apples?
  2. foyman

foyman LawnSite Member

Just an after thought...anyone have approximate pricing info on the hustler and/or gravely?
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice to hear from someone in Northern California. Seems like we rarely hear from the west coast on this site. Are lawns irrigated in that area? What area is it?
  4. foyman

foyman LawnSite Member

Eureka, Ca. About 300 miles north of San Fransisco...but a different world. Lots of rain, but not to cold or not to hot. Because of our remoteness and 200 miles of 1 lane road access, we have limited options on all consumer goods/dealers (the REDWOOD CURTAIN). That's why Bad Boy Mowers, Dixie and others are not really a practical choice. Our whole county (Humboldt) has a population of 21,900K.