Food clean up pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Jun 27, 2008.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Thought I'd show some pics of whats paying for my new PT80.

These are flood damage and clean-up pics my guys have taken over the last week.

Our services have been in demand over the last few days. We have been doing sand bag removal, Parking lot sweeping, Debris Hauling, and what ever our long time customers need.

J.

First pic. My F350 dumpin g sand bags at the landfill.
    Second. The sand bag pile on Monday.
    Third. A severly damaged yard.
    Fourth Flood damage to a low income housing development

F350 sand bags 1.jpg

Sand Bag pile.jpg

Flood Damage 3.jpg

Flood damage 2.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You will definitely have your work cut out for that ASV, running over what you might thought of once solid ground is swamp after a couple meters of water sits on it!

3. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Ron.

In the last pic, there is a Geo Tracker in the bottom right hand corner. The water was like 3ft (1 Meter) over top of it.

We all kind of thought the grass would have just gone dorment, But were we all wrong. I think that once people get thier homes and business's figured out, We will start our work. I am the only Lawn and landscape repair guy in my area. So i have a pretty good feeling. I am sure the landscape guys will try to play my game (They try and fail) So its going to get real interesting.

When most of the sand bags went in, people were more worried about thiers homes than the yards. The city and other volunters were driving large end loader across Soaking WET front and back yards, Then the water killed the rest. So this means total yard repair for my crews and big money for me.

I do have verbal commitments on a few large developments where we do wok for the property management company that runs them. So We should be getting busy with this stuff in a month or so. So We will get all our normal bid work done, then hit the repairs hard.

I could use a good skid loader operator thier Ron.

J.

4. bobcat_ron

And I could use a good woman, but if wishes were ponies, we would all be knee deep in horse sh*t!

But out of all big disasters, a phoenix always rises out of the ashes.

5. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

I met a stripper named Phoenix once. She didn't rise out of the ashes, but she could get a rise out of just about anything else.

J.

6. bobcat_ron

I think I met the same stripper, but I got kicked out of the joint after I tried to swipe my MasterCard on her. [​IMG]

7. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Those slots aren't for mastercards there slick. Visa. Works every time.

Lol

8. bobcat_ron

What going to happen with the mountain of sand bags? Are they going to get trommeled?

9. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

I am not sure on that. From what they are saying, the Bags are all contaminated. And from smelling the damn things I agree.

But your trommel idea is awesome. I will make a call on monday. I know a guy that might make a fourtune on this one.

J.

10. bobcat_ron

That's what happens to all the sand bags we had here for our little flood prep of '07, they went to the land fill and the trommel screen took care of them, the sand was later reclaimed for road sand in the winter.