Foot Assisted Deck Lift?

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by Phishook, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did the foot deck lift go? That is a must have for me while mowing.

We should be in the market for another rider soon. Hope you bring it back.

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Phishook:

The foot pedal can be added to both the 2003 Chariot and Chariot LX. This would be considered optional.

Regards,

JMJ

3. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

PHISHOOK, I AM ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE STREET IN TERMS OF THE FOOT PEDAL. WHEN THE NEW LX'S CAME OUT THEY OFFERED THE CENTER CONTROLS OR THE OVER THE LAP CONTROLS. I AM A LARGE PERSON AND WHEN I HAVE USED OTHER MOWERS WITH LAP CONTROLS AND FOOT PEDALS IT IS A VERY TIGHT SQEEZE TO LIFT THE DECK, NOT TO MENTION THAT WHEN YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR FOOT INTO POSTION TO PRESS THE LEVER I'LL BET YOU LIFT YOUR BUTT OFF THE SEAT A LITTLE WHICH ACTIVATES THE SAFTEY CONTROL DEVICE AND GIVES THE ENGINE AND BLADES A HICUP. I HAVE DEMO THE 72 DECK AND LET ME TELL YOU WHEN YOU WANT TO RAISE A PIECE OF STEEL THAT HEAVY IT IS EASIER TO DRIVE THE UNIT WITH YOUR LEFT HAND AND USE THE RIGHT TO PICK UP THE DECK. ANYWAYS I KNOW IT IS A MATTER OF THE OPERATOR. THE CUTTING IS AWSOME

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Nor'easter1
    How Has Your Mower Cut this Spring? Are You Discharging or Bagging. What Great dane do You Have?
    John
    North Bloomfield Ct.

5. John Joensen

FYI...Great Dane will be introducing a 14-bushel spindle driven collection system to fit 2003 Chariot and Chariot LX units. We expect to this to be available this fall.

John Joensen
    Great Dane Power Equipment

6. John Gamba

from ct

John
    Will The Bagger Have Three Bags Or Dump On ground. What pound Clutch are You running On The LX.
    John G.

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Now we're talking!

My other concern is all the deck baffles; Can it take on heavy, wet, spring grass? It seams the deck would clog up in a second.

8. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

john, i currently have 61 26 kohler as well as one 52 super surfer, and 1 61 super surfer. have not bagged with the chariot. i am one of those people who tinkers with the blades which in the end saves me from bagging. the surfers do have baggers and they get use but not the chariot. i have always felt that collection systems are overated because they are essentially made to be broken and are expensive. have you ever drove by a collection system that was not held together with duck tape.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Do you Have the New deck? I Was woundering How the Cut Is with the New One.
    unlike Phishook i Think it would Be great In the wet I'm just concerned about The Dry times Here In Ct. It Seams The grass get;s so weak it Gets Blown down and Not Cut With the Baffle Systems on mowers today.
    i don't Put duck tape On My Mowers Unless it's in the Field But i Have seen This.
    John.

10. John Joensen

John Gamba:

The new system will be a triple bagging system and is currently being tested at four different locations. For security information, we would not want the competition to know to much at this stage, I cannot not talk to much more about the new system on this site until it's in production. We will introduce it in September.

We do have a new deck design on all Chariot/Chariot LX models this season. Again, it was tested way before we went into production. Benefits of the new design are:

Ø Increased airflow
    Ø Better discharge
    Ø Better ground floating capabilities

When you have the opportunity, visit one of our dealers and ask them to let you demo the machine.

JMJ