Foot Wear?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ClippersLC, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Shegardi

Shegardi LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Redwing steel toe most of the time

2. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tall, lace-up boots, safety toe (composite)... Rarely wear my tennis shoes...

3. Southern Harmony

Southern Harmony LawnSite Member

brahma hikers from walmart steeltoe waterproof $36.-me6-8 mths use-
    footpad $10.extra string$2. cause when they brake you got2-4 mths left

4. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

I rock a pair of Mossy oak leather hunting boots when doing cleanups and landscaping..Magnup steel toe work shoes(low top) when working witha mower.

5. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

have a tall pair of wolverine leather work boots. used to wear tennis shoes but i got real tired of pulling grass out from around my ankles...wanted something I could wear tall socks with without looking like a dbag. the boots hold up nice, the tread is just worn down enough the dog sh*t doesn't stick in there for very long hahaha.

6. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

Steel toe for me every day from here on out. I dropped a 2x10x12 on my big toe a few months back on the one day I decided to wear tennis shoes because I had an easy day planned. It bled for three days, stayed swollen for about 2 weeks and I finally lost the toenail tonight. Made me rethink what an easy day is. Now I wear my redwings everywhere I go just in case.

I have also had a fully loaded tandem axle crane truck drive onto my foot and park years ago when I was a mechanic. Steel toes could be the only thing that saved me. It still broke my foot but the boot held up long enough to get the drivers attention to get him off of my foot. ( He parked and started filling out paperwork). The weight was enough to start to collapse the steel toe section of the boot.

My point is things happen when you don't expect it. Most of the time your not goiong to get hit in the eye when you are trimming but you still wear safety glasses right? Protect yourself because if you get hurt it is your business and your paycheck that is effected unless you have employees that can pick up the slack.

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I wear my tennis shoes for regular mowing, but for landscaping and cleanups and stuff I wear my Brahma steel toe boots.

8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Same here.

9. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just wear a pair of boots, not necessary steel toe, but just boots I have for hiking, I actually prefer them to regular shoes for most lawn work.

10. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

wolverine steel toed tall lace ups.