1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Foot Wear?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ClippersLC, Mar 15, 2010.

1. greenfordsvt

greenfordsvt LawnSite Member

Exactly what I wear every day! :usflag: Never failed me.

2. HondaGuy28

HondaGuy28 LawnSite Member

[​IMG]Sketchers 'Punishers' ($40 at khol's..Yes, I shop there)

Hi all, actually my first post on the site..Been reading Lawnsite for a while, I figured footwear is pretty important so had to say how happy my feet are after a day of walking behind a mower in these..My first day mowing on a mow crew (years ago) I showed up in CAT Steeltoes...after walking around (fast) for 10 hours with 5lbs on each foot, I figured out why the other guys had basically running shoes on :) I literally could barely walk the rest of the week after trenching around in those for 2 days. However, I could understand if you were on a standup or ztr all day, steel toes would make sense.

3. Accident

Accident LawnSite Member

4. frenchy2m

frenchy2m LawnSite Member

I'm in the military and will NEVER take comfortable footwear for granted. I wear the same boots all day long, Altama 8" EXOSpeed's (Desert). I switch from my new one's to my two-yr old one's as soon as I switch jobs. They aren't steel toes, but they are extremely well-made and are, by far, the lightest boots I've ever had! To me, they feel like tennis shoes compared to what I had always worn before. Their site has some big discounts that are far cheaper than buying full price around military installations.

http://www.altama.com/

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I don't get how some guys can wear tennis shoes while working outside. I need the ankle support. I like Wolverine gore-tex lacers. Light, waterproof, sturdy, comfortable, with a light tread so I don't drag too much mud everywhere.

And I guarantee I can out run nearly everybody who wears tennis shoes on this site in my boots and jeans.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i wear red wing steel toe boots. they are nice and comfy. they keep my socks from turning green unlike tennis shoes.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i wear steel toe timberland pros

8. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

cabellas steel toe lace up work boots.....going on #2.5yrs.

9. Lawn Shark prop mgmt LLC

Lawn Shark prop mgmt LLC LawnSite Member

I wear Converse 6" side zipper composite toe boots. They are comfortable, and easy to take on and off.

c8695.jpg

10. lilred731

lilred731 LawnSite Member

I wear Red Wing boots. will be purchasing another pair soon.