Foot Wear?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ClippersLC, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a pair of Cat boots a few months back and they are great.

2. DoornbosOutdoorServices

DoornbosOutdoorServices LawnSite Member

Gotta be Danner they fit like tennis shoes once they get broke in. I wear the Danner 453GTX. They are light, just tall enough for the ankle support and waterproof.

3. dsittler

dsittler LawnSite Member

I also wear the Converse Desert boots, wore them at the Kandahar Airfield while working for a private contractor. They are light, sturdy, comfortable and provide decent traction and easy to take off. Just got a new pair for the season.

Derek

4. Lurch01

Lurch01 LawnSite Member

Converse C8991 Combat Boots Safety Toe. It is hard to find anything else in a size 16.

These boots worked 12 hour minimum shist 7 days a week for years in Afganistan and stayed comfortable. I have a pair on right now. :weightlifter:

5. Lurch01

Lurch01 LawnSite Member

Hey You were at KAF as well. Did they ever finish the international airport?. I left KAF in 2006 and went it Joint Base Ballad in Iraq.

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

7. greenacres2010

greenacres2010 LawnSite Member

gotta love them lawn grips used to wear logging boots but got a pair of high top lawn grips and fell in love with em feet never get wet they are comfy and they lasted 2 seasons just got my 3rd pair

8. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

I have always worn leather, resole-able steel toed boots, currently carhartts but man those long grip pros look a lot more comfy

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Really? I was alittle dsappointed in them. I tried them about 5 or 6 years ago. Other than the velcro appeal, quick on and off...i didnt see a reason to buy another pair. fugly too...lol. i always got, "what are you wearing?"
    they're not a sponsor on here, are they?:hammerhead:

now, just my routine timberland pros

10. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently wearing some good ol' Red Wing boots. They cost me like $180, but I think they're well worth it. I havent had any problems with them so far and they are very comfortable. The ones I have are waterproof aswell. I have had these for several months so I cant give durability reports, but I fully expect these to last me a long time.