1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Foot Wear?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ClippersLC, Mar 15, 2010.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Chippewa loggers :usflag: is the only way to roll + you cant kill them
  2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How waterproof are they? Is it the Red Wing waterproofing or Gore-Tex?

I like gore-tex because I can stand in puddles all day, deal with rain all day, etc. and still have dry feet. A lot of gore-tex knock-offs aren't up to that task.
  3. firstclasslandscaping

firstclasslandscaping LawnSite Member

i bleieve that it is a waterproofing from red wing and NOT gor tex...ive gone all day in the rain through puddles and have had no wet feet since i bought them about a year ago.
  4. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually wear basketball shoes. I would much rather wear something else, but I am 6 foot 8 and wear a size 17 so I don't have many options.
  5. GreenWestCoast

GreenWestCoast LawnSite Member

6. hondas1

hondas1 LawnSite Member

7. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

Wow hmmm those look nice.

I just bought a pair of New Balance waterproof 965 hiking shoes off eBay as this was my first pair starting out & overall they produced a very comfortable fit, were super efficient, so light weight and lasted a good 9 months with heavy use.
  8. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

Tennis shoe/ Trail shoe when mowing- Salomon Speedcross (provides grip in wet lawns and bright shoe to catch peoples attention

Workboot- Danner BullRun or Danner Quarry
  9. Lovett

Lovett LawnSite Member

Here's the New Balance shoe that I just got in that I mentioned a couple posts up.

10. Truegritts

Truegritts LawnSite Member
    from MI

Merrell Reflex hiking boots. No other boot have I had that can take a beating while still being comfortable enough to walk in. Steel toe suck unless your in heavy landscaping/hardscapes.