Footage and Acres

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by miltthemower, May 6, 2005.

1. miltthemower

miltthemower LawnSite Member

I am having problems with my prices.

Does anyone have a scale that they use. Eg. 1 acre=$55 2 acre's=$105
    Also how about footage.

1000-2000 ft= $$$
    2100-3100 ft= $$$

Most of the time the homeowner does not know how many square feet his or her yard is. I want to make sure I am not screwing them over and more importantly not under charging for the service.

What would you charge to aerate a yard, fertilize a yard and so on.

2. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

mowing
    1/2 acre ~ 45
    1 acre ~ 55
    1 1/2 acre ~ 65
    2 acre ~ 75
    2 1/2 ~ 85
    3 ~ 125
    then, add 40 /acre

fert only
    1/2 acre ~ 75
    1 acre ~ 128
    1 1/2 acre ~ 168
    2 acre ~ 225
    2 1/2 ~ 265
    3 ~ 288

core aeration 12/ k, dethatching 20 ~~ 25 / k

1st off, i would get ZTR, period............
    you'll make money on theres rates............
    then, finance the whole purchase, 0% interest for 1 yr

2nd....... depreciation section 179
    you can take up to $100,000, or get back

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

are those 1k-3k lots for mowing, if so then on those type of deals you need to have a system of what you call drop gate.... basically means the littlest you can settle on $ for your service/time..... most LCO are in the figures of $25-35 for drop gates.... personally my dropgate is $25

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Depends on deck size and productivity. General rule of thumb is you should be making a dollar a minute. Of course the productivity of a 36 inch deck in an hour and a 60 will be quite different. Never take a customers word for how big the property is anyway, get a measuring wheel until you get good enough to eyeball the size and walk it off. There are some really good threads that go into greater detail if you want to do a search. Forgot to mention also will depend on what local market will bear.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Kid, you don't even have a mower or a "trailer" yet cause you are on here every day asking about mower and cutting prices so you really shouldn't be giving advice on something that you haven't even done yet. :dizzy: So instead of trying to sound all big in the business, get your 17 year old self a mower, cut the grass and then give opinions.

6. miltthemower

miltthemower LawnSite Member

What is meant by 12K core aeration. How much is that. If I sound a bit ignorant. I am. What is the K in dollars.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I took it to mean $12/k or $12 per thousand square feet. There are 42,560 sq ft in an acre, or about 43K.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you need to find out what they are worth in your area,..... be creative, ou can find out about what is bing shcrged by other companys, make some calls...

10. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

that's what i charge period.........
    12 / k
    or $12 per thousand sq ft

OR, 12 X 43 = $ 516.00

payup payup payup payup payup payup