Football Field aeration/Decompaction...

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by SEKscag, Apr 26, 2006.

1. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

:confused: How much is a good going rate for the decompaction/core aerating of a football field?? An area high school has asked us if we can do it for them. I'm considering buying a dedicated 3 pt. aerater for such jobs, but I was curious what others are charging for this kind of service. ANY opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. Landscapes-r-us

Landscapes-r-us LawnSite Member

Sounds expensive! What would the square footage be of a football field??

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

On average 3x the mowing rate...

4. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I know guys that charge as much as $5 per 1000sq.ft. for the service.Overseeding is extra.

5. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I believe the measurements are 360x160 for a football field. So @ $5/k it comes to roughly $288.00. I don't think that's enough or hauling a tractor to the field , loading, unloading , doing the work etc. I'd need a few more fields to make it worth my time.

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

$14 per k seed is 2.00 per pound

7. Field General

Should have mentioned that there are two fields at the location. One is much larger than the other. Going rate to over-seed is $2.00 per pound here also. After over-seeding and aeration of both fields it ends up being a $500 to $700 day.

8. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a public school do it cheaper than if it is a private school. Public schools usually tend to be on a tighter budget.

9. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

What is your square footage on these fields?

10. Field General

I do not know the exact square footage. I know if I could make $500 to $700 in a day I could live with that. I also keep in mind everyones budget constraints will effect the bid process, both contractor and customer.