FOOTBALL! WooHoooooo

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Sep 13, 2009.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I always get some drunk that wants to talk to me during the best plays. No place like the couch.

2. The Rangers have 7 games left with the Angels. They do play Oak 7 times as well. They need to win 16 more games to have a chance. That puts them at 95 wins. Might do it if BOSOX or Angels slump. Regardless this is a team on the rise. Biggest danger is Tom Hicks financial health. He isn't making loan payments. Basically the dude's house of cards is collapsing. That Brit Soccer team is killing him.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I've been listening to some Pirates games online, and do they ever get grief from their fans. Between hoping that the management attempt at a reboot can work, and wishing that Mark Cuban would show up and buy the team, they don't have much good news to enjoy.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

That must be about as much fun as watching flys -uck!

5. Wet_Boots

They have a couple of good rookies, but the whole affair is kind of a fascinating experiment to rebuild the small-market franchise through an improved farm system.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

B ball needs a salary cap to be anything real.

7. Wet_Boots

Or real revenue sharing. Part of the fascination for me is that the success of the idea will come from playing good defense more than anything else, and continuing efforts with the farm system, since any players that have Scott Boras as rep will certainly go free agent and sign with the highest bidder.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Even in sports you want to take people money and give it to others. Wow , your one scary mofo!

9. Wet_Boots

Hey, tell me it didn't work for the NFL.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

NFL has a salary cap.