FOOTBALL! WooHoooooo

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member

Most of us, including myself have given up on them. 17 losing seasons is a record for professional sports. The problem here in Pittsburgh is that people keep going to the games regardless of all of the talent that is traded away. I am guilty of this... it is a beautiful ballpark and a nice night out for the family. So why should ownership invest in players when they are making money? We still have the Steelers & Penguins. It could be worse. I could live in Cleveland.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think they have a chance to pull off their plan to reboot from a rebuilt minors system, but without the steadying presence of veteran talent, I think a lot of their young players are trying too hard at the plate.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Football question for you Texas folks. What do you think of the Houston Texans and Gary Kubiak? I really want him to succeed as I was able to follow him during his playing career behind John Elway. But it doesn't look like the team is progressing enough under him. I thought the defense would be good this year, and it may still. But the Jets put up 24 on them, and the offense kind of stunk it up.

Broncos offense was pathetic, with a HUGE lucky tipped catch. Defense was good, but it was against Cincy.

Drew Brees was phenomenal with 6 TD passes.

4. I think Kubiak will get it figured out. Hope so he is a Former Student. Denver game was BORING. Lucky tip is the understatement of that game. Broncos are going to be painful to watch.

Cowboys Rock.....

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That's an understatement.

I predict Giants and Patriots in the SB.

6. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

We have Direct TV, and they have the football package.

It costs about a duece to watch all the games.

Watching the Eagles beat the cowgirls, is priceless.:laugh:

7. Pats squirreled that one out. Those (Buffalo) uniforms made me think of Cookie Gilchrist. Saw him a few times against the Blanda Oilers.

Look at Blanda's Stats..Played for Bear Bryant at Kentucky as well I believe

Show me another Football Player with a stat sheet that long.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlanGe00.htm

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Romo and the Cowboys certainly showed the Giants how to get things done :)

9. Can't win if you turn the ball over. Cowboys blew that one. I wouldn't say the Giants won it myself.