1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Mar 16, 2000.

1. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

I wear Justin Work Boots with a steel toe. They have really soft leather and the speed laces help tighten the support around my ankles. They last forever and cost around $120.00. The Santa Fe Railroad here requires this particular boot for all their employs.<p>I wear the steel toe just in case OSHA comes by. Besides I do worry some about getting confused on where I feet belong. On top of the mower I think?<p>Adam ;)
  2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a military style of boot.I kept my <br>boots when I discharged from the army and they were great.Waterproof and plenty of grip. I now wear a similar boot by the name <br>of U.S Cavalry.They are ok but havent lasted<br>too well.
  3. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I wear a pair of Herman Survivor hiking boots. They're lightweight, waterproof, and only cost me $69.99. Unfortunately I cant find them at Academy anymore. I also put a set of Dr. Scholls padded sole for extra comfort. I can go all day with no aches or pains.<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>
  4. I have a pair of herman low tops with the<br>work duty insoles and the lug sole. But they<br>are so heavy (size 13) I only wear them in spring and fall. In the summer I usually go<br>with a pair of casual shoes I have had for a<br>while. Most of my mowing is done with a stand<br>on sulky and my feet are protected by diamond<br>plate steel. I have just 7 customers in 5 stops that I have to use a 21&quot;. Those seniors<br>have been with me for a long time and don't<br>give my any hassle plus one always needs<br>a little cash.
  5. mountainviewland

mountainviewland LawnSite Member

I use 8&quot; Red Wings a bit pricey but held up twice as long as my timberlands. I also wore them for 12 hours straight the first day never a blister. Also I strongly recommend Steel toes I once took a 6&quot; piece of bailing wire right through the shoe in my foot all because i didnt have steel toes on. That wasnt worth the money saved.
  6. sue

sue LawnSite Member

Chinese Slippers the only way to go!
  7. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

Red Wings with steel toes. Very confortable, lots of ankle support, nad they look great. Use the bear greese to water proof them.<p>Andy----&gt; www.admservices.com
  8. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

Black leather dickies with steel toe<br>$25.00
  9. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

Black leather dickies boots with steel toe<br>$25.00
  10. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

I have looked into the steel toe options but as you stated they are really no match for the blades. I wear Adidas cross trainers and they grip very well. I wear Nike golf shoes for the really steep stuff. I get about a season out of each pair, I buy them at Rack Room for about $30 each.