1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Mar 16, 2000.

1. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

2. fireman scott

fireman scott LawnSite Member

i have found that wearing football &quot;cleats&quot; are the best..u have great traction, and they are also comfortable...( when i say cleats, i mean the rubber ones, not metal)...<p>this is my first day on this site. i totally love it..so much useful info..i will check this site out often...thank u so much for your selfishless info...appriciate soooo much...thanks :)
  3. The only reason to wear steel toe boots is:<br>1. To protect your toes from the stupid person who forgot to set the brake, dropping a 500 lbs machine on your toes.<br>2. Your insurance company requires safety equipment. This is considered safety equipment.<br>I may have missed this, but I do use a silicone gel pack that goes in your boots. (Dr. Shoals). Any drug or shoe store has them. They're around $15, last for a couple of years.<br>Myself, I use &quot;Honcho&quot; brand of steel toe work boots sold at Payless Shoe Stores. They always do buy one-get one 1/2-price specials. The boots last me from 3 to 5 months, just about 7 days a week use.<br>Jean<br><p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044