For All of Us Who Have Company G+ Pages

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Ben Bowen, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

This is crazy and frustrating.

Here is the article: http://blumenthals.com/blog/2012/12/19/service-area-business-with-a-verified-social-local-google-page-delete-it/#

I have a merged G+ company page that is working well. I hate the idea of losing it. I even have links to it in a bunch of places.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It's a train wreck. There is a lot of chatter about another, major rollout, so I'm curious as to the direction Places/Local/+ for Business/Whatever goes. In all my years, I can't recall Google managing anything as poorly as this.

I think it was Duekster who asked the other day about issues with his reviews not showing up and I asked if he was a merged page, as those were the only accounts where I was seeing data discrepancies and issues. I didn't see a response from him yet, so I didn't follow up without knowing what he was dealing with. For all business pages, as of two week ago, I took a completely hands off approach and decided to wait until after the new year to touch any accounts I maintain, but now have some work to do for quite a few merged pages of Service Area Businesses (the SAB in a lot of the articles people will be reading).

Merry Christmas...

3. Ben Bowen

from PNW

I just have this sneaky suspicion that as soon as I delete they will announce a fix...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JesseN

JesseN LawnSite Member

I'm just sitting tight until they figure their stuff out. I don't want to make any major changes to my place pages. I've recently set-up operations in a couple different cities with partners and the place pages are all a mess

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I did see the question and responded last night.

There are several google group threads on the topic.

My problem happened before I merged.

Oddly enough they used google places to verify the google plus account.

It is a little frustrating and so I decided it was not that big a deal right now. Google needs to work on their issues.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

7. JesseN

JesseN LawnSite Member

BTW, how did you merge it? I have yet to have any of mine merged. I have verified place pages and verified the G+ pages but no merging yet.

Did you have to do anything special?

8. Ben Bowen

from PNW

You know what- I am actually not sure that they are merged. Both are verified and the G+ is linked to my website, but the place page is what shows up in the local results....

Either way, according to this, I should delete the G+ page.
    Posted via Mobile Device