For all of you complaining about the rain....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jul 12, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?MapType=3&site=MPX&CiTemplate=1&map.x=212&map.y=104

I wanted to show what we're dealing with.

Mid 80's to mid 90's for highs every day, slight wind and sunny.

No rain for the last 3 weeks and nothing in the near future.

Today the weather guys were talking we're heading into a drought, and even if we do get some rain now, it's going to take a 2-3 day soaker to bring things back to normal.

For all of you giving me grief earlier in the year for working too much (80-100 hour weeks), this is when the contracts pay off.

The school district I do, I've skipped all the schools for 2 weeks now, except for the main highschool football, softball and baseball fields, which are the only areas irrigated, yet I'm still getting my full check for the month.

Right now I'm sitting at about 30-40 hours / week, still billing my $16k / month and not paying my $200+ / week in fuel, nor other expenses.

Best part is I get to sleep in until 8 every day and still be home around 5 in the evening.

I'm one of the few in this industry that "hope" for a drought. :dizzy:

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to me about the contract you have...:clapping: :weightlifter:

3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm moving to droughtland where the mowers don't need gas but the money still rolls in! Seriously, hope you guys get the much needed rain, breadbasket of the world, right?

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

That would be a ways south.

Sure, we should probably get some rain, but it's nice just driving past the yards too....

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

For all of you complaining about the rain....
    WHAT RAIN ?????? BETTER QUESTION IS WHAT IS RAIN ??? has been so long since we have had any do not think I would know it if I saw it and none in our forecast

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Man that sucks. We were in drought here a couple weeks ago and all grass had pretty much stopped growing. 2 weeks ago we had 10"= in 1 day and another 4-5" the next day and now the grass has made a 100% turn around. Its so green and growing like its spring time again. I hope some heads your way!

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

THIS IS WHAT THE LOCAL WEATHERMANS said
    Dear Tony,
    Well I really hate to say this, and I am sure you really hate to hear it, NO CHANGES in the weather for East Texas through the middle portion of next week. Low temperatures will range from 75-77, and highs will range from 96-100 degrees. No significant chances for showers either. PRAY FOR RAIN!!!

Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and seek shade immediately if you start to feel the symptoms of heat stress: weakness, dizziness, dimming vision, or if you stop sweating. more...

pretty bad when the weather man starts ask you to pray for much needed rain .twj

8. Hovey's Lawn Care

Hovey's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'll do a rain dance for ya!