1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For all you guys just starting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Or for the ones that have been pushing lawns for a couple of years and are now asking a ton of questions about getting started. I wanted to let you know that there is a forum called "just starting out" here on lawnsite. It is located here http://lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58. It might be best to post your questions there. I have seen a bunch of threads (mainly by one member) about starting out that are popping up on this forum lately.

Also for those that don't know, the search button is located on the small solid bar that runs across the site. It is located just under the sponsor banners. It is a priceless tool that everyone should take advantage of.

I just thought I would point those two things out to you. I know when I first started coming here I had a hard time finding the search button. I knew there was one, but for the life of me I could not locate it.
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent points!

I will add this; The search button is VERY important. A lot of us who are veterans of lawnsite have been here long enough to see a lot of the same questions asked week after week and month after month and year after year. There is hardly a topic relating to lawn care that hasn't been discussed here already.

Don't make us start all over again and respond to a question we've already responded to dozens of times. Respect our time and use the search feature. In return, when you do post a question that you can't find via the search feature, we will respect you a lot more and answer you politely.
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

On that note, how much to mow an 8500 sq. foot lawn? I don't live in your part of the country, you don't know what equipment I have, you don't know the size of my operation, and you don't know my lifestyle, but anyways, how much do I charge? Thanks, this site is great!