For all you teenage mowers!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by born2farm, Mar 10, 2008.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

There is hope out there for us.

I have been mowing for 3 years and im only 15 right now. I have been mowing with this same push mower and handhelds this whole time. Last year I was able to save up enough to buy me a John Deere lx176 rider with 38in deck. I mowed 6 lawns last year and hope to have 10 this year.

I recently bought this trailer and rigged it up to hold all of my equipment to travel around town with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know ill probably catch crap and be called a lowballer and an unlicensed unprofessional kid but everyone has to start somwhere. I dont lowball I charge no less then 20 a yard and that is only on flat open intown yards. My going rate is around 30.

2. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

You stay with it and best of luck. But please get a slow moving safety triangle for the trailer too -- live to mow another day.

4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it.... take that ambition and Rock On junior!

5. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

awesome good luck!:usflag:

6. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'm impressed. You must have a good work ethic..

Keep at it!

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking the same thing...if nothin else get some reflective tape. Don't be ashamed of tha setup...I used to have one just like it and I was 22. Had several yards within close proximity to my house. Didn't amke sense to move the truck.

8. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

Good unit- I started like that, but with a bike trailer. Wish I had pictures. Don't sell yourself short- charge what the big boys do if you work as well as they do.

9. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

I think your doing great.

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember when I was 15 with a (Grass Handler)32'' 8hp lawn tractor made by MTD, pulling a dump cart, Just like you.:waving:

Drove mine, down M-89 highway to job sites, across streets, Memories...
    It's nice to see your setup, thanks for sharing good luck this year buddy...Joe