for AZ gardener: some lawns from hawaii.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, Nov 20, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

these are some of my smallest accounts, and I usually use the quick 36 on them.

as far as pricing goes, this one is mowed by a trucut reel mower, and is $100 a month for 2 per month. yes, I know it is a long interval for reel mowing, but it really doesn't grow that fast.

jessopreelpic.JPG

2. TClawn

this has two pics. it is also $100 a month, for 4 cuts. I do this one with the quick 36.

byronlawn.JPG

3. TClawn

the other side. the back isn't worth showing, mostly gravel and hedge.

byronlawn1.JPG

4. TClawn

this is my "commercial". it is a very small "park". this one is $120 a month, for two cuts.

I take the small hill hill with the quick 36, and the large, steeper, can be mowed with the quick 36, but I can't stand on the hill, so I have to go diagonally, and backward standing at the bottom.

note: the large hill is about as steep as that mower will take. even than, I don't think I could turn it on that hill without flipping it, or me. of course, I have never tried.

I know that the hedge in the back needs trimming. it will be done as soon as the disease on the leaves are taken care of.

park.JPG

5. TClawn

wow, the pic up top came out weird. the hill is actually steeper than it looks. I assure you.

park1.JPG

6. TClawn

the hill in the foreground is the one I was talking about taking the quick 36 on diagonally. let me tell you, it was scary the first time I had to drive straight up with it.

park2.JPG

7. TClawn

here is the hibiscus disease I am talking about. it is rampant through the hibiscus here. unfortinatly, I cannot apply anything, until I am licensed to do so.

hibiscusdisease1.JPG

8. TClawn

the last park's grass was st. agustine/weed mix.

the other ones are seashore paspalum. which comprises the majority of the grass here.

9. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have much competion, by the way your work looks good.

Tim

10. TClawn

well, there are tons of lco's. but there are tons of customers. there are two kinds of people that live here. 1. people who don't want to mow their lawns because they have plenty of money, and would prefer to play golf on saturdays. or 2. people who are working so hard to live here that they don't have any time to mow there yard.