? for BR 600 owners that have the Extreme Blower Rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Jun 21, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

As I was installing my Extreme Blower Rack today, the rack has 3 spots you can put the long rod across and then pad lock on the other side.

The BR 600 however does not have an opening at any of the 3 spots and the instructions suggests basically cutting through the housing to allow the long rod to go through??? It doesn't look like there is any other way, but I just got the 600 for this season and really don't want to be tearing it apart if I don't need to.

What have you guys done? Is there something I'm completely missing here (don't hold back, I can take the heat lol)?

2. STL Cuts

Nobody??????

3. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Give me a number that I can send you a pic to. Its easy there are only 3 of those plastic parts that you have to cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. STL Cuts

pm sent......

5. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut 3 of the black "prongs" on the blower and used the bottom slot on the rack. No problems and I have a clear path.

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. Should say pretty clearly in the directions. BTW, I hate that rack.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I got that same rack and returned it and purchased the rack from Trimmertrap, it' designed for the 500 and 600 series blowers and it simply to use and no cutting up the blower.http://www.trimmertrap.com/racks/st2.htm