For conservatives who "don't believe" in global warming...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnguyland, Feb 8, 2006.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought this was interesting, it's about evangelical chrtistian groups who oppose Bush politics on the environment and recognize the need for cleaner air, not just a good economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060208/pl_nm/environment_evangelicals_dc

As an industry I feel we have an obligation to be environmental stewards. Pesticide licensing is good. Low emsission engines are good. Battery and electric power are good. Well maintained trucks and equipment are good. Maybe now that other conservatives can 'see the light' on the issue of global warming, more will join in. This is in response to any previous posts that glabal warming is BS. It's not, get out of your cave.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

God I love it when I go outside and start up my old 76 camaro race car that burns 110 octain leaded race fuel and gets 1 mile per gallon and burns your eyes when you stand next to it! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

3. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

Wrong forum smarty. This is off topic therefore it belongs in that forum.

4. lawnguyland

Good one! I can take it if I can dish it. PS I'm half conservative, 1/4 liberal, and 1/4 I hate everyone. :waving:

Oh yeah.....do you love it when you go outside and try to go get some oysters or crabs from the Cheaspeke Bay, but you can't because it's too polluted? Mmmmmmmmm, polluted crab cakes!

5. lawnguyland

Yeah yeah yeah, maybe, but this topic is directly related to the equipment and vehicles we use in commercial lawn mowing, just as much as differnet mowers and engines are discussed. We are talking about the direct results of us running our machines and the output from them. So, it is and isn't off topic, but you have a point. Plus, sometimes it's fun to get a good debate going!

6. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

God I love it when I go outside and start up my old 76 camaro race car that burns 110 octain leaded race fuel and gets 1 mile per gallon and burns your eyes when you stand next to it! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

same here love to listen to my alky motor rumble burns your eyes and really makes me tingly

7. ProStreetCamaro

Its funny that you say that because I live in MD and me, my father and my cousin go down and crab on my cousins boat all the time. We normaly bring back around 4 dozen nice size crabs and steam them up in some nice water with beer and seasonings to give some extra flavor.

I do agree that we need to be more concious about what we are doing to this fragile earth of ours. What I originaly said was meant as a joke really although it is true what I said. The darn car is horrendous on fuel mileage but then again it isnt meant for the street but I do drive it to shows and stuff on the weekends. My biggest gripe is the fact that we can clean the air up here to the best of our ability but do you think other much larger nations with 10X the amount of industry gives a crap about the environment? No not really and where do you think our air goes? The jet stream takes it over there and theres over here. It is a never ending battle that unless the entire world starts making an attempt to correct the problems will only get worse and worse no matter how much we do here in the states.

8. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah but alky burns clean and cool :p

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

C16 fuel for me!

Whys it always a political thing? Like conservatives are evil...when really liberals are the ones with morally fawked up ways? Global warming is an issue but I shouldnt live to see the day when it gets horribly bad :D

Not much more one can do about polluting when it comes to equipement, I run newer equipment that is in check of emissions, my truck is a diesel and gets good mileage (although lawnworks doesnt believe me). The only way i pollute is with my street car when I'm at the track. It gets bad mileage, runs on race gas if I feel like it, but thats not too bad. I could be driving a beater truck that burns so fat it makes little kids puke in the car behind me from the fumes?

10. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you start using electric equip. Use your customers outlets and deduct it from their bill! Then you can show everyone how you are doing your share to save the Earth!!!