1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

? For Florida LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by theyatesies, Jun 10, 2008.

1. theyatesies

theyatesies LawnSite Member

How many cuts do you guys get in a year? How many weekly before you go to bi-weekly and does the mowing ever stop for any length of time.

Thinking of moving to Florida. I am a school teacher also. Let me know guys.

2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

We mow weekly from March thru October, and every other week from November thru February. The mowing never really stops altogether. We do schedule side work for the weeks we don't mow in the winter, and We also just take a few weeks off.
  3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I ditto what Chris said 42 approx mowings a year.
  4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Same here! <--------------------------------------
  5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am weekly April through October and bi-weekly November through March.

I am still cutting bi-weekly on some of my acreage because it is so stinking dry!

Yes, it doesn't actually every stop and the weeks I don't cut, I do other work.
  6. boonehockey

boonehockey LawnSite Member

in florida it can range from 35 cuts to more depending on the weather and where you live
  7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

just about the same here! there are 3 accounts that i do just about every week, and others every other week. june thru november, weekly, depending on the rainfall:dancing:
  8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

36-37 cuts for weekly accts.
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

There are a few that we do every week. Most, probably 42 times. Depends on the year. No matter what, someone at least checks on them every week. Florida has all kind of temperature variations throughout the state during the winter. North of Ocala, you can expect to cut a little less.

I think the important thing to realize is that most of us here on Florida are billing monthly, year round.
  10. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

That is all I have ever really heard of....is monthly billing year round. Even if you don't have a written contract....it pretty much is expected that your going to keep on paying the same even in the winter months. That is how myself, and all my family who has lawn service throughout the years has done....and that is the way I am running my lawn business now.