For LCO's that sub out Fert Programs...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric3077, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you sub out your fert or anything for that matter. Do you tell your customer right away that a different company will be showing up to fertilize their lawn? I mean they are gonna find out eventually...just wondering what sort of verbage to use to tell them...thanks! :waving:

2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I used to sub it all out. They knew who was going to be there but it was billed through me. At the end of the apps I would get the bills from the fert guy and pay them in full. Then I would tack a couple bucks on for expenses and send them out with my billing. I thought it worked well.

The only reason I do the apps now is because I wanted to expand and make my company a one stop shop so to speak. That and I have added about 30 accounts this year for fert and the money is certainly better.

3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We sub out all of our fert & squirt work to Lawn Doctor.

The customer is not advised of this. I get a discount from LD because they do 150+ of our properties. I charge the customer regular rates and make 10% on an application for making a phone call.

But in reality, they are paying the same price they would if they called LD on their own. I just get it cheaper to begin with.

As far as your question goes, the client really doesn't need to know. I did have few clients question the applicator last year. Said they hired quality and some guy from Lawn Doctor is out there..

4. Ric3077

Thanks guys...yea quality thats what I mean...say the applicator shows up in a different company truck..which they will every time..and the customer is like??????????? where's Ric (me) I just don't want it to be weird for the cust...but I am subbing out all fert cause I don't want to get licensed but still want to be a one stop shop...so what did you tell your cust that saw the lawn doctor van?

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i just tell them i have a guy that does all my fertilizations for me . Who do you plan on using Ric?

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

LD just tells the customer they work for me. Never had an issue past the first question.

7. Ric3077

I am already using Lawn Masters...I have a progrom set up where I get like 10%-15% off and I just charge the cust the full price and keep the discount as profit for landing the account...so the cust never really pays anything extra. Art from Lawn Masters is on LS alot I'm sure he will chime in on this thread soon! It's a great deal for both of us I just want to make sure the customers are cool with it...most work during the day but I have some retired people that might be confused when a different truck pulls up. I guess I will just tell them what you said JKOOPERS something like I have a guy that does the fert for me...by the way JKOOPERS you are in the same town as me what's your company called? thanks guys!

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

hey ric its Kustom Kare Landscape . doesnt lawn masters do mowing too?

9. Ric3077

They only mow in west county...and Art runs the fert division not the mowing division.

10. Ric3077

I only work in St. Peters, St. Charles, and some of O'fallon...how bout you do you cross the river into west county?