For Ow Man

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hello Ow Man,
    I was wondering if Kawasaki has any intention of building heavy duty aircleaners for their air cooled engines? Presently Enginaire (www.enginaire.com) is the only company making one and it only fits the larger verticle shaft V-twins.

In contrast to that a couple of companies make heavy duty aircleaner systems to fits Kohler engines including the Kohler singles that are so prevelant in the commercial mower industry.

Kawasaki wouldn't have to make the entire aircleaner system, just the adapters to use already available aircleaner systems.

2. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Local dealer here said there is a nelson air filter that will be available mid season! But it will not fit already produced engines.

3. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Yes! They will have a new style canister filter. Availability will be later this year. My understanding is it will only fit new production engines. Don't know of a retro fit kit avail. for older engines. I have heard though, that many OEM's will most likely purchase their engines with the new style filter system. I have been told it will look like the Donaldson cleaners.