For people who hang door hangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Shawns Lawns, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

When you are handing out door hangers do you pick and choose who you would want to have as customers, or do you blanket the entire area? Just wondering because i am sure that there are some places that you might go to that you would not want to do for a variety of reasons. Maybe no parking, or the parking is on the main road, or house is a dump, or too many dogs on property, or your afraid you might ruin you equipment Etc. :waving:

2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

We blanket entire neighborhoods in the areas that we are aready working. You will only get a couple of hits from the doorhangers so if you pick and choose you are going to have a hard time getting customers.

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

do them all!

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I balnket them. unless there is a lawn trailer or mower in the drive way LOL. Which there is atleast one in every neihgborhood.

5. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We blanket, writ edown an average price for the entire subdivision, and note exceptions... for instance park ave. $35 except for 401 because it has a cul-de-sac, fence, a big dog and a cliff. that one is $40. :) works great for us. you should expect about a 1% return.

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've only used door hangers once, but when i did I would pick and choose. I plan on putting out about 500 door hangers in a couple weeks, and plan on using the same technique. A lot of times I see properties that I would not touch with a 10 foot pole, no sence in wasting a hanger and time on them.

7. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

right... if you see a lawn that would just be unbearable for you to mow skip it. I definitely agree... We're putting out 2500 door hangers in 2 weeks (on foot) and don't necessarily want to waste the time picking out the customers we don't want to mow.

8. scotty2

scotty2 LawnSite Member

Ya but if you pick and choose then you might mis the one across town. I got alot of these when I put fliers out for snow removal the person that call about the flier called for there parents house.